Sunday, June 29, 2008

Five Mile Lake Triathlon

First things first and that is what I like to call coffee! Starbucks in particular is my drug of choice. My sister (also known as my number one fan!) was sweet enough to get up at 6 am and go for a coffee run to ensure a good start to my morning!
Amber and I posing at the hotel just before we leave for our race. See how happy we look!
Getting ready for the race with a good luck kiss from Grant.
Grant, Heidi and I
This was the park the Tri was held in down in Federal Way, WA. It is a great setup for the participants as well as the spectators.
The boys and Ayden waiting for us to start.
Isn't Ayden soooo cute!
The lake was just perfect for swimming. Amber and I braved it and did not wear wetsuits. We had no problems with being to chilly.
Here I am waiting for the swim start.
I completed the swim in 10:01 minutes and my first transition time was 1:38.
Here I am on the bike course. The bike is definitely my favorite of the three sports. I got really lucky when I was looking for road bikes last summer and found this one on craigslist for $150! It fits me great and is fasssst! I probably passed 50 to 60 people on the bike portion. I completed the 14 miles in 53:22 minutes (15.7 mph average speed). My T2 time was 1:41.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the running. I actually used to run cross country and used to enjoy it. Now it is just a necessary evil to get to the finish line. I completed the 3 mile run in 35:19 (11:24 min/mi pace). The run was a lot better than it could have been though. Mainly because of my great cheering section of my sister Heidi, my husband James and my son Grant. Thank you sooooo much!
My overall time was 1:42:02 which I was really happy with because of the lack of preparation/training Amber and I were able to do for this one. I am proud of us though because even though we did not have ideal conditions we still did it and finished!
Check it out we are even still smiling after the race. See you all should TRI it! ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Background HTML