Monday, June 30, 2008

Prestigious Award??

So something kind of random happened this weekend when I got an email from my PhD advisor whom I had not had contact with in two years or so. I found out that the paper I published for my PhD research won a very prestigious award. See below:

Subject: Harrison Prescott Eddy Award


Folks

I learned yesterday that we have won the WEF Harrison Prescott Eddy award for our paper last April, 2007 in WER on diffusion through activated sludge flocs. This is a very prestigious award for the best research paper published in WEF publications. The top people in our profession are regularly winners. We should feel great about this. Holley - congratulations as this is the affirmation of the excellence of your Ph.D. work. I don't have your Dad's e-mail. But, please tell him that I am thinking about him also and know how proud he must be of you.

This will be presented at the WEFTEC Conference in October in Chicago.

Congratulations!

Glen T. Daigger, Ph.D., P.E., BCEE, NAE
Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer
CH2M HILL



Wow talk about having a different life now. I have not thought about my PhD work in so long and then to have this honor awarded. Very cool I will take it! ;-)
Here is a synopsis of what the award means:

The Eddy Medal honors Harrison Prescott Eddy, a prominent engineer and a pioneer in the field of wastewater treatment. The medal is awarded for research that makes a vital contribution to the existing knowledge of the fundamental principles or process of wastewater treatment, as comprehensively described and published in a WEF periodical. “This award not only recognizes the excellence and contribution of noted individuals but of a whole community of public health and environmental professionals,” said WEF Executive Director Bill Bertera.



For more about the award follow this link:
http://www.weftec.org/AboutWefTec/AboutWEFTEC/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background HTML