Grant had his first field trip today at the Oak Harbor Fire Department. The firefighters were wonderful with the kids. The firefighters did a great job of mixing education about fire saftey and fun in a timely manner. First all the kids went into their conference room to watch a safety video (made by Disney) and ask/answer questions. Here is a picture of Grant who is supposed to be listening to the fireman talking but instead peeking back at me for a great photo opp!
Next the kids got to put a fire out with the fire hose! Here is the little house they would set on fire for each of the kids to put out.
They then got to watch the fireman put on his fire fighting equipment.
They even got to put on some of the equipment. My little fire fighter.
What an awesome trip! Getting to do everything (including the fire) was such a great learning adventure. I am sure the kids will always remember this day whenever they see a fire.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun trip for the kids. I LOVE the picture of Grant in the leaves.
ReplyDeleteThey got to put out a fire! That's NEAT! I've been on MANY firehouse field trips and have never seen anything like that. How fun! Ditto Steph's comment on Grant in Leaf Pict!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, Grant is sooooo adorable!!! How is that possible? His best friend is pretty cute too
ReplyDelete- hey when did Aiden join nursery school?
That looks like the coolest field trip...I have taken Gunner to the local firehouse and they didn't have a real fire to put out! I bet he will really remember that! Ditto the above comments on the pic of Grant in the leaves, you need to come and take our family pics!
ReplyDelete