Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sweet

So I keep forgetting to blog this but here it goes. Grant got up early the other morning and crawled in bed with me snuggling up right next to me. We were both quiet for about five minutes and I figured he had fallen back asleep. He had not falled asleep and instead rolled over put his hand on my hair (like when you are trying to soothe away one of their ouchies) and said "Mommy. (pause) I love you.". Yep my heart melted right then and there. It was so precious and innocent and out of the blue it just made me all warm and fuzzy.

So Amber always teases me for my WI accent. I don't know what ta heck she is talkin about, eh? But Grant has some little "accents" of his own. One of my favorites is how he always calls hotels "who"tels. It is so funny because it just rolls off the tongue like it is perfectly natural and the way it should be said. There are many other but that is my favorite!

Here is a flash back from Grant's first few days of life.
We did not realize that all babies did not sound like this when they slept. Grant actually had a constriction of his airway when he was born because of the difficulty of the birth so he made this little weazing sound for the first 6-7 months of his life. I loved it because I never had to check to see if he was still breathing because I could always hear him! His airway eventually firmed up but to this day if he catches up bit of a cough sounds like a barking seal...

That is all for now!

6 comments:

  1. My favorite word is "Airpor-K" I wish you hadn't fixed him....It was so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, love the video...it is so hard to remember them that small. I love "who"tel too...this is such a cool age, they say so many funny things! Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally! A post! Good job with getting these cute things down, they so needed to be posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your new picture of Grant at the party. That just captures his whole personality with the adorable smile, the handsome curls spilling out of his cowboy hat, and of course a balloon in his hand. Do you remember how he carried the balloons from Tate's 2nd birthday all around?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet I Love You story. Those little moments just make all the hard work, sleepless nights, puke stains... so worth it! Calvin every so often says words with this strange country boy twang to them. I'm guessing he picked it up from his cousin (who he only sees twice a year), but it's the funniest thing when one of those words slips out in the middle of a completely normal sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart is melting; what a sweet boy. Don't you wish you could just bottle up that moment in time and release it when he is about 16 or 17? I love your new home page and Grant's picture. Cute little cowpoke! Loved the video; seems longer than just almost 4 years.

    ReplyDelete

Background HTML