So Grant was very excited about running in his first race. The night before the kids dash he called me into his room and told me very seriously "Mommy I need a band for my wrist too." meaning he needed a watch for his split times. ;-)
Day of the race we got Grant signed up in his division and got his number. Here we are signing up for his race number!

So like any 3 year old Grant kept changing his mind about if he was actually going to run the race or not. He even went so far as to rip the number off and declare he did not want to. Luckily I had my swim lap watch which fit him perfectly. I told them that he could only wear it if he was racing. He was super excited to have his own watch so his race number went back on. Finally!

We of course had to go out and survey the course (all 25 yards of it).
Grant running his race. You might notice that Grant is not exactly "sprinting". I think this may have a lot to do with the races James and I run and he thinking he has to "pace" himself... (Yeah, lets go with that theory! ;-))
It was so cute. As the kids came down the finish chute each of them got a ribbon and a stuffed "smelt" (looked more like a dolphin to me but I went with it). Grant loves his smelt! He has slept with it every night since.
The other thing Grant loved about running in the kids dash is that he got to eat the food for all the competitors at the end of the race. I have a feeling he is going to want to run at all of our races now! :)

Here are a few of our dedicated fans! :)
I had a good race too. I did my first 10K in just under and hour for a 9:30/mile average.
Day of the race we got Grant signed up in his division and got his number. Here we are signing up for his race number!
So like any 3 year old Grant kept changing his mind about if he was actually going to run the race or not. He even went so far as to rip the number off and declare he did not want to. Luckily I had my swim lap watch which fit him perfectly. I told them that he could only wear it if he was racing. He was super excited to have his own watch so his race number went back on. Finally!
We of course had to go out and survey the course (all 25 yards of it).
It was so cute. As the kids came down the finish chute each of them got a ribbon and a stuffed "smelt" (looked more like a dolphin to me but I went with it). Grant loves his smelt! He has slept with it every night since.
Here are a few of our dedicated fans! :)
AWWWW..so cute! That is so great that you can get him involved in the racing too. It is wonderful that you include him in all the athletic stuff that you do (skiing etc.). Those r the memories he is going to treasure and skills he will use for a lifetime!
ReplyDeleteAnd he ran in his Crocs! Imagine if he had fancy running shoes :) Loved the huge smile when signing up for his first race. Yeah, Grant.
ReplyDeleteThat was too cute. I love that he was wearing Crocs to run in.
ReplyDeleteOh, and congrats on your finish as well. Is that the longest race you've run? You'll be ready for a half marathon soon.
ReplyDelete