Wednesday, July 2, 2008

"Mommy, look what I found!"

So I am sitting in my office filling out Grant's preschool paperwork with the back door open. Grant is outside digging for worms, catching snails, swinging etc. etc. All of the sudden I hear "Mommy look what I found!". I ask what it is with my head down and I get a quizzical reply "I don't know". Hmmm ,this is interesting Grant usual is very excited to show me the "HUGE snail" or the "slimy worm". I look up and he has a dead, yes let me repeat, a DEAD mole clutched in his hands. Apparently the cats had deposited it somewhere in the vicinity of the back porch and Grant took it upon himself to pick it up and study it.
After an exhaustive washing, we looked up what type of mole it was so as to distinguish from Ratatouille and explained why the kitties killed it. We also discussed THOROUGHLY the handling of dead things! Ahhh, you never know what your day is going to bring to you. I am not posting any pictures in this one figured you all might appreciate that! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background HTML