Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kirkland Triathlon - Season Ender!

Ok this is the last boring tri I will be writing about for awhile since this last weekend was the season ender! I just want to make sure I document all of these (don't really have the best memory) so when I get my blog printed out at the end of the year I will see I did actually do something with this summer.

Amber and I completed four tri's this year. How that happened I am not sure but we did and I am sooo glad we are done (for now). :)

This is a picture of what it looked like when we got to the race that morning. I think this picture kind of says it all as in "We ARE crazy!"

I really don't understand why we look so happy here? I am NOT let me reemphasis NOT a morning person. I only had a cup and a half of Starbucks and here I am grinning away like I already ran the race. What the heck? This was probably the earliest I have gotten up for anything since Grant was six weeks old and didn't need his early morning feeding!! Can you tell I am not a fan of 7 am starts?? ;-)
All suited up and ready to go me and Amazon women. :) (You know I only say this because I am jealous right??)
Ahh, the warm breeze blowing across the warm lapping water on a bright sunshine day, NOT! We live in Seattle remember so incremental weather is to be expected. While we can get absolutely perfect weather as in the case of the Flowing Lake Tri last weekend we can also get the weather we had this weekend (ugh). Doesn't this picture just evoke how warm it was this day! :)

I finished the half mile swim in19:17 for a pace of 2 min17s/100m. Took me awhile to get in my rhythm but I eventually did.
So this is why the swim makes things so interesting in triathlons. Check out the incredible hulk behind me. That is right I out swam this dude even though he could probably squish me with his pinky finger. I also love the fact that he had to wear a purple swim cap. hehe Manly!
Coming in from the bike no crashes or injuries! Hurray success. I finished the 12 mile course in 48min 25sec for an average pace of 14.8 mph.
I was really happy with my run results too. I finished the three miles in 30:06 for an average of 10:02min/miles. This was my personal best run since having Grant. (I know it is nowhere as fast as you Steph! I need you up here to help me go FASTER!!)
I ended up in second place in my division and I was very happy with that since this was the largest triathlon we have been in. Happy me after the race with my little cutie!
As a last note, with the completion of this tri I accomplished another of my life goals which was to complete five triathlons! I had actually set this goal on 8/16/04 a month before I found out I was pregnant with Grant. I am glad that even though I am a Mom now I can still keep my focus on goals that I set even if it takes me two or three years longer to complete them than I expected!

5 comments:

  1. Yay!! We did it!! I like your new background too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new background and picture. Great job again on your tri. To do it at all amazes me, but to do it in cold Seattle weather is commendable. I'm proud of you for sticking to your goals. How many next year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! My sister is into tris...I am all about the swimming part...the running and biking...not so much...but Laura is trying hard to get me to do one with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on a great job. What an awesome accomplishment to meet your goal and decrease your time each event. How can you focus on a race with such hunks following you, ha,ha. Wish I could have been to a race to cheer you and Amber on (even though you didn't need it) Love your new background. You have got a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys r awesome..great job and god bless you for braving mother nature! You continue to inspire me! I love the pic of you and Grant and your new pic of him in the leaves...too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Background HTML